2018 OREGON CHAPTER 54th ANNUAL MEETING
Eugene, Oregon March 13-16, 2018
The 54th Annual Meeting of the Oregon Chapter American Fisheries Society will be held at the Hilton Convention Center in Eugene, OR March 13 – 16, 2018.
This year’s Annual Meeting theme is: Research and Management in a Changing Climate. The Annual Meeting Planning Team has been working hard to bring you another diverse and exciting program! We hope you’ll join us for what promises to be an outstanding event in Eugene.
The General Registration fee includes access to the plenary session, all technical sessions and social events, the awards lunch, raffle/auction, and more. The banquet dinner costs an additional $40, and our returning Spawning Run or Carcass Crawl will be $20 ($30 with a commemorative t-shirt). Register before the early registration deadline, January 19th, 2018, to receive $50 off ($25 off for students) the price of registration!!!
For information on registration options (e.g. workshops, meals, costs), click on this link:
To register for the annual meeting and any workshops, click on this link:
Registration is required to attend any technical session, workshop, or associated event. Please note that all attendees, including oral and poster presenters, are required to register and pay for the conference. For folks needing additional financial assistance, please see the Fish Out of Water waiver (waivers are limited and are awarded on a first come, first serve basis).
Symposia and Sessions
- Climate Change and Freshwaters: are we ready to adapt?
- Native Fish
- Freshwater Habitat
- Water in the West/Toxics
- Marine Habitat and Ecology: Climate Sensitivity Assessment
- Marine Habitat and Ecology: Catch and Release Mortality
- Libraries, Metadata, and Digital Asset Management
- Film Festival (contact Blanebellerud@gmail.com to submit your footage)
- Speed Talk Session (format information available at: http://www.pechakucha.org/faq)
- Drones, Remote Sensing, and Emerging Technologies
- Life History Portfolio/Resiliency
- Skills for all Stages of Your Career
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Science, Policy, and Advocacy
- Fisheries Management
- Dam Removal/Fish Passage
- Willamette Winter Steelhead
If you have any problems or questions with electronic registration, please contact the ORAFS Treasurer to report the problem – Thanks!